Biofuel Industry News
ASTM International to Host Events at Major Petroleum Conference (PEFTEC) and Visit European Standards Organisations
Oct 18 2017 Read 1894 Times
ASTM International, one of the world’s leading standards organisations, will host a free lunch at the Petroleum Refining, Environmental Monitoring Technology Conference (PEFTEC) in Antwerp, Belgium, on 29 November from 12:45 pm to 1:30 pm.
The two keynote speakers will be:
- Taco van der Maten of MalvernPanalytical (The Netherlands) who serves as vice chairman of ASTM International’s board of directors and who will speak about his company’s experience working through ASTM International to achieve business objectives; and,
- Rattanjit Gill, of the Energy Institute (UK), who will discuss the importance of cooperation among standardizers as well as recent ASTM and the EI joint projects.
Katharine Morgan, who became president of ASTM International on Feb. 1, will also provide remarks. To register for the lunch, click here.
Also at PEFTEC, on 29 and 30 November, ASTM International will host a training session on aviation fuel specifications and test methods. For more information or to register please click here.
In addition, that week, Morgan and others will:
- visit the German Institute for Standardisation (DIN) to help celebrate its 100th anniversary;
- visit the Institute for Reference Materials and Measurements at the European Commission’s Joint Research Centre facilities in Geel, Belgium, which has collaborated with ASTM International in areas such as nuclear measurement;
- meet with standards leaders at the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs (GROWTH) and the European Committee for Standardisation (CEN), including Director General Elena Santiago Cid; and,
- visit the Dutch Standards Body, NEN, in Delft, The Netherlands.
“Our members, customers, and partners throughout Europe play a crucial role in many industries,” said Morgan. “I am thrilled to continue an in-person dialogue with them as we strengthen relationships throughout the region.”
ASTM International engages in many streams of cooperation with national and European standards stakeholders. This includes: a high-profile collaboration to develop additive manufacturing standards, a longstanding dialogue on bio-based products, new coordination efforts in unmanned aircraft systems and tyre recycling, and more.
Europe Office: Sara Gobbi, tel + +32. (0)485.332433; or email us at our europe office.
Media Inquiries: Nate Osburn, tel+1.610.832.9603; or email to our media team.
Do you like or dislike what you have read? Why not post a comment to tell others / the manufacturer and our Editor what you think. To leave comments please complete the form below. Providing the content is approved, your comment will be on screen in less than 24 hours. Leaving comments on product information and articles can assist with future editorial and article content. Post questions, thoughts or simply whether you like the content.
In This Edition... Fuel for Thought - A good year for Endress+Hauser - Dr. Shah honoured by Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers - DURAG Group acquire AP2E Analytical Instru...
View all digital editions
Aug 27 2018 Stavanger, Norway
Sep 03 2018 Abu Dhabi, UAE
Sep 03 2018 Muscat, Oman
Sep 04 2018 Los Angeles, CA, USA
Sep 04 2018 Kazan, Russia