Monitor Hydrogen in your GC with the DVLS3 Simply Smart Sensor
Apr 18 2023
Hydrogen is a very efficient carrier gas for gas chromatographs. It increases the analysis speed without losing chromatographic resolution, saves costs and has an unlimited supply. Constantly monitoring the Hydrogen concentration in the GC oven with a sensor ensures a safe use of Hydrogen in your laboratory. The DVLS3 Simply Smart Sensor of Da Vinci Laboratory Solutions (DVLS) is a dedicated Hydrogen sensor that is compatible with all GC brands.
The Simply Smart sensor is installed in the GC oven compartment to continuously monitor the Hydrogen concentration, as a broken GC column or a loose connection could leak Hydrogen. The sensor controller box automatically switches to an inert gas in case of a Hydrogen leak. The versatile design of the controller box allows to combine up to four sensors in one box, so you could control four sensors for four different GC’s with only one controller box.
Alert the laboratory staff
The LCD screen of the sensor controller displays the real time Hydrogen concentration. In case the sensor detects a Hydrogen concentration (typically between 25% and 50% LEL) the controller will alert the laboratory staff by:
- 1. Flashing of the LCD controller screen
- 2. Transmitting an acoustic alarm
- 3. Showing a red status on the software dashboard
- 4. Sending an alarm message by e-mail, text (SMS), Growl or Prowl (optional)
The sensor controller will automatically switch the carrier gas to an inert gas and send a stop signal to the GC.
Manage alarm settings
Use the optional DVLS3 Sensor software to configure the system and to define the alarm settings, such as user access levels and the users contact details for the alarm messages.
In case the sensor detects a concentration that exceeds the user defined level, the DVLS³ Sensor software will automatically transmit the alarm message(s) to the operator. The software dashboard will display the detected values, the minimum & maximum levels and the transmitted alerts. The Audit Trail option checks the records of the reported alarms and shows the changes in any settings.
The software can be used either stand-alone or in a network configuration.
Benefits of the DVLS3 Simply Smart Sensor
The DVLS3 Simply Smart Sensor offers GC labs a safe solution to change from an expensive GC carrier gas such as Helium to Hydrogen by offering:
- Safe technique to constantly monitor hydrogen leaks
- Automatic alarm transmission through:
- 1. Optical and acoustic alarms
- 2. E-mail messages
- 3. Text (SMS) messages
- 4. Growl or Prowl
- Dedicated software to control the alarm settings per sensor & user
- Audit Trail function to create a record of the reported alarms and settings
- Automatic carrier gas switching from Hydrogen to Nitrogen
- Automatic stop signal sent to the GC
- Easy calibration and installation
- Compatibility with all GC brands
- Versatile design that supports up to 4 sensors.
Contact Da Vinci Laboratory Solutions for more information on the DVLS3 Simply Smart Sensor.
In This Edition Measurement and Testing - Comparison between NIR/FT-IR and 3rd Generation OP-NMR Technology - Refinery Boiler Replacement Project’s Air & Fuel Gas Measurement Challenges So...
View all digital editions
Dec 03 2023 New Orleans, LA, USA
Dec 12 2023 Nuremberg, Germany
Dec 13 2023 Istanbul, Turkey
Dec 14 2023 Roorkee, India
Jan 16 2024 New Orleans, LA, USA