Automated Sample Introduction of Gas Samples with the Multi Stream Gas Sampler
Jun 20 2023
There is a lot of variation in gas sampling, as the gas samples for a gas chromatographic (GC) analysis can be collected in various types of containers. Furthermore most gas samples are presented one by one to the analyser, requiring continuous operator attention to analyse a batch of multiple samples. Da Vinci Laboratory Solutions (DVLS) developed the Multi Stream Gas Sampler for an unattended gas analysis up to twelve samples from various gas containers.
Efficient Gas Sampling
Using the DVLS Multi Stream Gas Sampler you can connect different gas samples in either Tedlar bags, bladders, cannisters and/or cylinders for an unattended analysis.
The configuration offers twelve connectors for gas samples. A flow meter and needle valve are used to monitor and control the gas sample flow. Sample pressure is (sub)Ambient to 8 bar. The sampler uses an integrated vacuum pump for low pressure sample containers such as Tedlar bags.
Two configurations are available:
1. Configuration for a Standard GC with Gas Sampling Valve - the gas sampler is configured with flow meter and needle valve
2. Configuration for a Da Vinci LS Gas analyser – the gas sampler is configured without flow meter
- Advanced sample scheduling software
- Manual control
- Particulate filters
- Sample flow meter
- Inert sample path
The Multi Stream Gas Sampler is controlled by Chromatography Data Systems (CDS) such as Agilent OpenLab, EZChrom, ChemStation and MassHunter software. Vacuum pump, Stop flow and Sample selection valves are controlled by the CDS as part of the method. The design allows sample interval overlapping to increase sample throughput.
Compatible with GC Instruments
Da Vinci Laboratory Solutions offers various Gas Analysers that comply with custom or standardised methods for gas analysis. The Multi Stream Gas Sampler is compatible with the DVLS Gas Analysers and other third party GC instruments.
Key Benefits of the DVLS Gas Sampler
- Allows unattended gas analysis up to twelve samples from various containers: Tedlar bags, bladders, cannisters and gas cylinders;
- Robust configuration controls the sample flow: (sub)Ambient to 8 bar sample pressure;
- Ensures sample interval overlapping to increase sample throughput;
- High level of automation by GC/CDS for the vacuum pump and valves;
- Compatible with Da Vinci LS Gas analysers and other third party GC instruments;
- Various options available including inert sample path.
Contact Da Vinci for more information on the sampler.
In This Edition Measurement and Testing - Comparison between NIR/FT-IR and 3rd Generation OP-NMR Technology - Refinery Boiler Replacement Project’s Air & Fuel Gas Measurement Challenges So...
View all digital editions
Dec 03 2023 New Orleans, LA, USA
Dec 12 2023 Nuremberg, Germany
Dec 13 2023 Istanbul, Turkey
Dec 14 2023 Roorkee, India
Jan 16 2024 New Orleans, LA, USA