Safe handling of LPG during injection into a GC
Jan 22 2020
To allow a safe handling of an LPG sample Da Vinci Laboratory Solutions developed the DVLS Pressure Station. This station handles pressurized gas liquids or gaseous hydrocarbon samples during the injection into a Gas Chromatograph. The waste of the sample is vented to a central laboratory waste system.
Next to resolving the safety concerns, the pressure station keeps the pressure at a constant level to ensure repeatable sample analysis of LPG or other chemicals that are gaseous at ambient pressures. The DVLS Pressure Station keeps the LPG sample in a liquid phase under constant pressure during the injection by using high pressure Nitrogen.
The design of the DVLS Pressure Station offers you a high flexibility as displayed in Figure One. Select from the following configuration options to fully meet your requirements:
- A configuration dedicated to the injection of liquid hydrocarbon samples;
- A station configured for the injection of pressurized gases;
- A configuration for the injection of liquid & pressurized gas samples;
- Various brands of quick connectors such as Swagelok, Walther and Staubli to install different cylinder sizes on the front side of the station.
The use of high pressure Nitrogen enables the DVLS Pressure Station to control the outlet pressure and flow. This technology has been proven in several applications that require a representative sample injection, such as:
- C3 hydrocarbon streams;
- C4 hydrocarbon streams;
Liquefied Gas Injector
Figure Two displays the DVLS Pressure Station combined with the DVLS Liquefied Gas Injector: a dedicated GC solution for high pressure liquid sampling and analysis of C3 - C4 streams such as LPG. The Liquefied Gas Injector method has been standardized in ASTM D7756 and EN 16423 for the analysis of oily residues in liquefied petroleum gases by gas chromatography. The LPG specification standard D1835 lists the LGI method ASTM D7756 for the residue analysis.
Key Benefits of the DVLS Pressure Station
- Representative injection of liquid and/or gaseous hydrocarbon streams
- Flexible design allows various configuration options
- Safe and easy connection of various sample cylinders
- Proven technology used in various applications
- No need for sample preparation
Interested in the DVLS Pressure Station. Click here for more information on the DVLS Pressure Station.
In This Edition Fuel For Thought - What presentations will be given at the PEFTEC conference? - European oil majors near pre-pandemic income levels despite weakened revenues - Afriso opens...
View all digital editions
Aug 16 2021 Houston, Tx, USA & Online
Aug 18 2021 Beijing, China
Aug 22 2021 Atlanta, GA, USA & Virtual
Aug 31 2021 Online event
Aug 31 2021 Kazan, Russia