Flow Level Pressure
The new Pulsar® Model R86 for smarter level control
Aug 16 2017 Read 494 Times
The new Pulsar® Model R86 is a smarter Non-Contact Radar transmitter for level control. This 26 GHz transmitter has a smaller wavelength and improved resolution. It can be installed into process connections as small as 1½”. In addition, it lets you view diagnostic and configuration data for up to 20 events.
The PULSAR Model R86 offers:
- Improved Performance and Resolution
- Circular Polarization
- Nozzle Extensions to 1.8 meters
- Advanced Diagnostics
- On-Board Help text
- 40 meter measurement range
- HTHP Antennas
- SIL 2 Capability offered as standard.
The PULSAR R86 is also the perfect complement to the existing Magnetrol Model R96 Radar and Eclipse® Model 706 Guided Wave Radar transmitters. Together, this family of transmitters offers a smarter solution for any of your process level applications.
Smarter on every level
Nozzle extensions from 10 cm to 1.8 meters and horn antennas from 1½" to 4".
The 26GHz radar signal has a smaller wavelength for smaller antennas and improved 1mm resolution. The smaller beam angle allows installation into process connections as small 1.5".
Now there’s no need to rotate the antenna to ensure proper orientation. This simplifies installation and delivers proper alignment in virtually every application.
- Automated Echo Capture conveys real-time waveform and trend data.
- 4-Button Interface and Large LCD Display provide enhanced depth of data and indicate on-screen waveforms.
- Expanded Event History shows up to 20 events including diagnostic and configuration data.
- Troubleshooting Tips offer practical solutions that help you reduce downtime.
- Setup and Echo Rejection Wizards will easily guide you through the process.
- Custom Echo Rejection allows you to modify an existing echo rejection curve to fit around moving echoes encountered in applications of mixing blades.
Designed for use in extremely demanding applications and punishing conditions up to
Nozzle extensions to 72"
Nozzle extensions from 10 cm to 1.8 meters. That means nonstandard nozzle lengths and buried vessel standpipes are never a problem.
Offers significant memory for exciting new features, including:
- Volumetric and Open Channel Flow capability with a 30-point strapping table for uncommon vessel shapes.
- Data Logging which can be programmed to save data/echo curves on either event-based or time-based conditions.
SIL 2 capability
SIL 2 hardware compliance is standard. Safe Failure Fraction (SFF) = 93.2%.
The PULSAR R86 introduction represents the latest radar innovation from MAGNETROL, the company that introduced the very first 2-wire, loop-powered guided wave radar transmitter for industrial liquid level applications.
Do you like or dislike what you have read? Why not post a comment to tell others / the manufacturer and our Editor what you think. To leave comments please complete the form below. Providing the content is approved, your comment will be on screen in less than 24 hours. Leaving comments on product information and articles can assist with future editorial and article content. Post questions, thoughts or simply whether you like the content.
In This Edition Fuel for Thought - Restek Recognised for Outstanding Retirement Benefi - Blackline Safety Named Manufacturer of the Year - 7th International Conference on Polyolefin Charact...
View all digital editions
Jun 24 2018 Phoenix, AZ, USA
Jun 25 2018 Washington DC, USA
Jun 26 2018 Nuremberg, Germany
Jun 26 2018 Houston, Tx, USA
Jun 27 2018 Surabaya, Indonesia