Flow Level Pressure
Pulsar® Model R86 - The smarter Non-Contact Radar transmitter for level control
Jun 21 2017 Read 462 Times
We never stop thinking about your needs. Here’s the result.
The company that changed the game with Guided Wave Radar is about to change the way you think about Non-Contact Radar. That’s because the PULSAR Model R86 is here, and it puts over 13 years of Magnetrol® radar expertise to work for you.
The PULSAR R86 is Magnetrol’s first industrial, 26 GHz Pulse Burst Non-contact Radar transmitter. More importantly, it’s the transmitter with the innovations today’s process industries need.
The PULSAR Model R86 offers:
- Improved Performance and Resolution
- Circular Polarization
- Nozzle Extensions to 1.8 meters
- Advanced Diagnostics
- On-Board Help text
- 40 meter measurement range
- HTHP Antennas
- SIL 2 Capability offered as standard
The PULSAR R86 is also the perfect complement to the existing Magnetrol Model R96 Radar and Eclipse® Model 706 Guided Wave Radar transmitters. Together, this family of transmitters offers a smarter solution for any of your process level applications.
Smarter on every level
Nozzle extensions from 10 cm to 1.8 meters and horn antennas from 1½" to 4".
The 26GHz radar signal has a smaller wavelength for smaller antennas and improved 1mm resolution. The smaller beam angle allows installation into process connections as small 1.5".
Now there’s no need to rotate the antenna to ensure proper orientation. This simplifies installation and delivers proper alignment in virtually every application.
- Automated Echo Capture conveys real-time waveform and trend data.
- 4-Button Interface and Large LCD Display provide enhanced depth of data and indicate on-screen waveforms.
- Expanded Event History shows up to 20 events including diagnostic and configuration data.
- Troubleshooting Tips offer practical solutions that help you reduce downtime.
- Setup and Echo Rejection Wizards will easily guide you through the process.
- Custom Echo Rejection allows you to modify an existing echo rejection curve to fit around moving echoes encountered in applications of mixing blades.
Designed for use in extremely demanding applications and punishing conditions up to
Nozzle extensions to 72"
Nozzle extensions from 10 cm to 1.8 meters. That means nonstandard nozzle lengths and buried vessel standpipes are never a problem.
Offers significant memory for exciting new features, including:
- Volumetric and Open Channel Flow capability with a 30-point strapping table for uncommon vessel shapes
- Data Logging which can be programmed to save data/echo curves on either event-based or time-based conditions
SIL 2 capability
SIL 2 hardware compliance is standard. Safe Failure Fraction (SFF) = 93.2%.
The PULSAR R86 introduction represents the latest radar innovation from MAGNETROL, the company that introduced the very first 2-wire, loop-powered guided wave radar transmitter for industrial liquid level applications.
Do you like or dislike what you have read? Why not post a comment to tell others / the manufacturer and our Editor what you think. To leave comments please complete the form below. Providing the content is approved, your comment will be on screen in less than 24 hours. Leaving comments on product information and articles can assist with future editorial and article content. Post questions, thoughts or simply whether you like the content.
In This Edition... Fuel for Thought - A good year for Endress+Hauser - Dr. Shah honoured by Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers - DURAG Group acquire AP2E Analytical Instru...
View all digital editions
Aug 27 2018 Stavanger, Norway
Sep 03 2018 Abu Dhabi, UAE
Sep 03 2018 Muscat, Oman
Sep 04 2018 Los Angeles, CA, USA
Sep 04 2018 Kazan, Russia