Measurement and Testing
Safe, Rugged, Industry-Proven Process Probes & Flow Cells for Critical Refinery Measurements
Apr 18 2018 Read 423 Times
Guided Wave’s probes and flow cells deliver accurate, real-time process measurement results. Durability combined with low maintenance requirements make Guided Wave’s sample interfaces a cost effective, smart choice to help ensure safety, optimise production, improve yields, provide consistent product quality and enhance profitability in the refinery setting.
For many refinery applications online process measurements using NIR or UV-Vis spectroscopic process analysers will provide immediate, accurate, reliable 24/7 data for critical decision making and profitable production. When choosing a process analyser system, one of the most critical decisions for superior results is the selection of the sample interface as it provides the “virtual view” into the process.
The sample interface consists of either a probe or flow cell and is designed for use with fiber optic cables which are coupled to the analyser. The probe or flow cell is the point where the light meets the sample. Consequently they must be capable of accurate spectroscopic measurements and be rugged enough to withstand the rigors of continuous duty in harsh petrochemical and physical process environments, while providing optimal transmission for long-term reliable measurements. Above all, they must be safe.
Why Choose Guided Wave Probes and Flow Cells
For over three decades Guided Wave has designed and manufactured industry-tested and proven insertion probes and flow cells, for the harsh refinery environment. While Guided Wave’s probes and flow cells are optically matched for use with Guided Wave NIR or UV-Vis analysers to provide top system performance, they are also compatible with most other fiber optic based analyser brands.
Large variety, auxiliary features and compatible with most fiber optic based analysers
- For liquid or gaseous sample streams
- Available with UV-Vis or NIR optics
- Can be installed in pipes, reactors, vessels, kettles, etc.
- Customised, innovative designs to meet users’ specific process and safety needs
- Optically efficient designs which deliver more light, ultimately providing more chemical specificity and lower detection limits
- Rugged designs built to withstand harsh process conditions, while maintaining safety, ease of
- maintenance and longer service life
- Intrinsically safe designs (request white paper #2029) - meets ANSI/ISA dual seal requirement and IEC 60079-28 standard
- CRN certification available
- Common integration with most analyzers; manufactured to facilitate full integration with any fiber
- optic system configured with SMA905, FC, or ST connectors and fibers having a core diameter ranging from 400 to 600 microns
- High optical efficiency, true collimated single pass optical sample interface
- Can handle process temperatures up to 300°C and pressures to 2000 psi [13.8 MPa] (contact Guided Wave about different limits)
- Extractor mechanism is available for insertion probes providing quick, safe, and convenient periodic maintenance
- Standard insertion probes include permanently sealed sapphire windows; no o-rings to maintain
- For insertion probes - optical path lengths available from 2 to 50 mm, probe lengths from 12” to 30” [30 cm to 76 cm)
- For flow cells – optical pathlengths available from 1mm to 50cm
- Flanges mounted on request
- Water tight conduit ready fiber cable interface
Industry-Proven for Over 3 Decades
The best system performance requires sample interfaces that are not overly sensitive to vibration, temperature and pressure changes. Choose Guided Wave’s probes and flow cells for over 35 years of industry-proven success. For more information contact us at 1.916.638.4944 or email us.
Do you like or dislike what you have read? Why not post a comment to tell others / the manufacturer and our Editor what you think. To leave comments please complete the form below. Providing the content is approved, your comment will be on screen in less than 24 hours. Leaving comments on product information and articles can assist with future editorial and article content. Post questions, thoughts or simply whether you like the content.
In This Edition Fuel for Thought - New Partnership for the US Distributio - Element opens new oil and gas laboratory in Singapore - Metrohm Acquires B&W Tek Analytical Instrumentation...
View all digital editions
Sep 24 2018 Dallas, Tx, USA
Sep 24 2018 Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
Sep 25 2018 Kielce, Poland
Sep 25 2018 Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Sep 25 2018 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia