Achieve Lowest Limits of Detection: Trace Element Analysis by Cartesian Geometry EDXRF
Mar 16 2021
Energy dispersive X-ray fluorescence (EDXRF) is a well-established analytical technique used in the petroleum industry. This technology is ideal for routine screening needs and certifying products quicker and easier. In general, EDXRF instruments are easy to use and offer a low cost of ownership.
From the quantification of heavy elements in crude oil to sulfur in fuels to a variety of elements in lubricating oils, EDXRF spectrometers provide quick, elemental analysis in a wide range of matrices.
Rapid Trace Element Analysis Using Cartesian Geometry
For applications that require the analysis of ultra-low and trace element concentrations, Rigaku offers the NEX CG indirect excitation EDXRF analyser. Unlike conventional EDXRF analysers using direct excitation geometry, indirect excitation eliminates background noise and provides lower limits of detection. Additionally, the NEX CG uses a unique close-coupled Cartesian Geometry (CG) optical kernel that dramatically increases the signal-to-noise ratio. This results in exceptionally low detection limits and a spectrometer capable of rapid trace element analysis, even in the most challenging sample types.
Multi-application, Multi-element Spectrometer
NEX CG easily meets ASTM and international compliance for ultra-low sulphur applications, such as testing ultra-low sulfur in diesel (ULSD) and meeting Tier 3 gasoline requirements. NEX CG delivers the lowest chlorine detection limits for ASTM D4929 compliance using Part C methodology and easily meets ASTM D5059 Parts A and C using the Bi internal standard method to measure lead in gasoline samples.
- Analysis of Ultra-low Sulphur Diesel (ULSD) for ASTM & International Compliance
- Analysis of Gasoline Sulphur for U.S. EPA Tier 3 Standards
- Ultra-low Chlorine in Crude Oil by ASTM D4929 Part C
- Analysis of Lead in Gasoline by ASTM D5059
- Analysis of Other Elements in Crude & Residual Oil
- Certify Products ASTM D8252 and ASTM D4294 Quicker & Easier
NEX CG is an all-in-one analyser that offers excellent versatility. Non-destructively analyse for sodium through uranium, and measure most elements from parts-per-million (ppm) levels to wt% in almost any matrix.
- Measure sulphur and chlorine simultaneously from one sample pour
- Measure sulphur, nickel, vanadium, and iron at the same time
- Measure and monitor ultra-low sulphur concentrations in diesel and other petroleum products
- Quickly analyse other trace minor and major elements in crude, lube oils, waste oil, and cutting fluids
Applied Rigaku Technologies, Inc. offers a full line of benchtop and process EDXRF instruments for petroleum analysis applications. Rigaku EDXRF products serve many screening and monitoring needs and meet compliance for multiple testing methods and standards. For more information, contact us by email.
In This Edition Fuel For Thought - Scientists discover new hydrocarbon cycle in the ocean - The energy sector’s great opportunity to become more sustainable - Collaboration to enhance res...
View all digital editions
Jun 20 2021 Kansas City, MO, USA
Jun 23 2021 Shanghai, China
Jun 30 2021 Barcelona, Spain
Jun 30 2021 Digital event
Jul 05 2021 Abuja, Nigeria