sbh4 & NPL - Fingerprinting in gas analysis for GHG emissions and health
This interview with David R. Worton of NPL, conducted by Stephen B Harrison, covers two of the most fascinating applications of gas analysis. Measurement of isotopes to identify the sources of green house gases and finger printing of human breath for clinical diagnostics. Stephen is convinced that analytical science has a huge and positive role to play in medicine and environmental protection.
In this short, 6 minute video, Stephen interviews Dave from the NPL asking the following questions;-
- Sources of emissions have their own finger prints in environmental monitoring, but how can they be used?
- How do finger prints show up when measuring gasses?
- What kind of laboratory analysers do we need to use to see these fingerprints?
- Where else can this finger print application be used?
- Can the air we breathe out be analysed to identify if we have an illness or disease?
- What kind of gas analysers can be used to measure human breath and VO2s?
- What is the role of the National Physical Laboratory?
Free to watch
Sessions are free to watch. Please login to view this session or create an account.
Dave Worton (NPL)
Manage and oversee all commercial and research activities within the Gas Metrology Group at NPL to develop and maintain capabilities to disseminate traceability for gas measurements related to climate, air quality, health, advanced manufacturing, energy trading and fuel quality.
Stephen B. Harrison (sbh4 GmbH)
Stephen B. Harrison is an independent consultant. An area of focus for his practice is gas analysers and their application in industrial processes and for environmental management. His experience in this sector has been built up through almost 20 years working with specialty gases at BOC Gases and Linde Gas. He provides M&A advisory due diligence support for investors in the sector and marketing & PR services for instrumentation OEMs.
In This Edition Product Listings & Exhibition Diary - A-Z of Products and Services - A-Z of Company Contact Details Safety Articles - The technology behind the ION Science Tiger XT -...
View all digital editions
Feb 27 2024 London. UK
Feb 27 2024 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Feb 29 2024 Kathmandu, Nepal
Mar 03 2024 Bethesda, MA, USA
Mar 04 2024 Mumbai, India