Smart Sensor for a Safe Use of Hydrogen as a GC Carrier Gas
Apr 20 2016 Read 1249 Times
The DVLS³ Simply, Smart Sensor addresses the safety concerns related to the use of Hydrogen as a carrier gas. The sensor constantly monitors the hydrogen concentration in a GC oven and automatically switches to an inert gas in case of an increase in the hydrogen concentration. Furthermore it will ensure the safety of the laboratory staff by transmitting several alarms.
The DVLS³ Simply, Smart Sensor is installed in the GC oven for a continuous monitoring of the hydrogen concentration. Both the LCD screen of the external controller and the software dashboard display the real time hydrogen concentration.
Alert the laboratory staff
In case the hydrogen concentration reaches the user defined level, typically between 25% and 50% LEL, the sensor alerts the laboratory staff by:
- Flashing of the LCD controller screen
- Transmitting an acoustic alarm
- Showing a red status on the software dashboard
- Sending an alarm message by e-mail, text (SMS), Growl or Prowl
The sensor controller automatically switches the carrier gas to an inert gas and sends a stop signal to the GC.
Combine multiple sensors
Da Vinci Laboratory Solutions (DVLS) developed the smart sensor. Its unique design allows you to combine up to four sensors in one controller. For example you can use four sensors for several GC’s or connect several sensors to one GC. The sensor is compatible with all GC brands.
Next to the hydrogen leak detection Da Vinci Laboratory Solutions offers multiple sensors dedicated to the detection of:
- Barometric Pressure
- Level (liquid) weight
Key Benefits of the DVLS3 Simply, Smart Sensor
- Safe technique to constantly monitor hydrogen leaks
- Automatic carrier gas switching from Hydrogen to Nitrogen
- Leak detection indicates analysis is compromised
- Automatic stop signal sent to the GC
- Easy calibration and installation
- Compatible with all GC brands
- Automatic alarm transmission through:
- Optical and acoustic alarms
- E-mail messages
- Text (SMS) messages
- Optional software controls the alarm settings per sensor & user
- Audit trail function creates a record of the reported alarms and settings.
The versatile multi sensor offers GC labs a safe solution to change an expensive GC carrier gas such as Helium to Hydrogen. Contact Da Vinci for more information on the smart sensor.
Do you like or dislike what you have read? Why not post a comment to tell others / the manufacturer and our Editor what you think. To leave comments please complete the form below. Providing the content is approved, your comment will be on screen in less than 24 hours. Leaving comments on product information and articles can assist with future editorial and article content. Post questions, thoughts or simply whether you like the content.
In This Edition... Fuel for Thought - A good year for Endress+Hauser - Dr. Shah honoured by Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers - DURAG Group acquire AP2E Analytical Instru...
View all digital editions
Aug 27 2018 Stavanger, Norway
Sep 03 2018 Abu Dhabi, UAE
Sep 03 2018 Muscat, Oman
Sep 04 2018 Los Angeles, CA, USA
Sep 04 2018 Kazan, Russia