Safe use of Hydrogen in your GC lab with the DVLS3 Sensor
Jun 14 2022
Hydrogen is a popular carrier gas for GC’s considering its unlimited supply and the lower costs compared to Helium. Moreover the use of Hydrogen doubles the sample throughput without losing chromatographic resolution. To resolve the safety issues Da Vinci Laboratory Solutions developed the DVLS³ Simply, Smart Sensor. This dedicated sensor constantly monitors the Hydrogen concentration in the GC oven and automatically switches to an inert gas in case of a Hydrogen leak.
Alert the laboratory staff
A broken GC column or a loose connection could leak Hydrogen, which might result in an explosion in the GC oven. To ensure the safety of the laboratory staff the DVLS³ Simply, Smart Sensor is installed in the GC oven for a continuous monitoring of the Hydrogen concentration in the oven compartment.
The LCD screen of the sensor controller displays the real time Hydrogen concentration. In case the sensor detects a (user defined) Hydrogen concentration the controller will alert the laboratory staff by:
1. Flashing of the LCD controller screen
2. Transmitting an acoustic alarm
3. Showing a red status on the software dashboard
4. Sending an alarm message by e-mail, text (SMS), Growl or Prowl
The sensor controller will automatically switch the carrier gas to an inert gas and send a stop signal to the GC.
Manage alarm settings
The optional DVLS3 Sensor software makes it easy to configure the system, define and control alarm settings. The software can be used either stand-alone or in a network configuration.
The Audit Trail option checks the records of the reported alarms and shows the changes in any settings.
Control multiple sensors
Due to the unique design of the DVLS3 Simply Smart Sensor you can combine up to four sensors in one controller. For example use four sensors for several GC’s or connect several sensors to one GC. The sensor is compatible with all GC brands.
Safely switch to Hydrogen as the GC Carrier Gas
The DVLS3 Simply Smart Sensor offers GC labs a safe solution to change from an expensive GC carrier gas such as Helium to Hydrogen by offering:
- A safe technique to constantly monitor hydrogen leaks
- An automatic alarm transmission through:
1. Optical and acoustic alarms
2. E-mail messages
3. Text (SMS) messages
- A dedicated software to control the alarm settings per sensor & user
- An Audit Trail function to create a record of the reported alarms and settings
- An automatic carrier gas switching from Hydrogen to Nitrogen
- An automatic stop signal sent to the GC
- An easy calibration and installation
- A compatibility with all GC brands
- A versatile design that supports up to 4 sensors.
Contact Da Vinci Laboratory Solutions for more information on the DVLS3 Simply Smart Sensor.
In This Edition Fuel for Thought - AnalytiChem acquires SCP SCIENCE - COVID-19 boosts adoption of virtual reality in the oil and gas industry - ION Science’s MiniPID Sensors win prestigio...
View all digital editions
Jul 04 2022 Abuja, Nigeria
Jul 05 2022 Online event
Jul 06 2022 Singapore
Jul 06 2022 Vladivostok, Russia
Jul 10 2022 Lyons, France