New Portable X-ray Fluorescence Spectrometer Delivers Fast Lab-Quality Results for At-Line Elemental Analysis
Jun 16 2015 Read 1782 Times
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments (Hong Kong) today announced the introduction of the new portable SPECTROSCOUT X-ray fluorescence spectrometer that brings laboratory-quality elemental composition monitoring and quality control testing to at-line analysis.
The durable and compact SPECTROSCOUT XRF analyser delivers reliable and highly precise results with the power of a top-grade laboratory benchtop instrument in an easily transportable design. The SPECTROSCOUT is ideal for manufacturers and processors of such products as chemicals, cosmetics, feedstocks, foods, metal coatings, and pharmaceuticals among others.
Employing the SPECTROSCOUT for at-line analysis dramatically enhances QC productivity by eliminating time spent transporting samples from the plant floor to the laboratory to wait in queue for testing. In contrast, the SPECTROSCOUT can deliver audit-traceable results directly from the manufacturing floor.
Moreover, the SPECTROSCOUT is a much more affordable alternative as an at-line installation than larger and more costly laboratory instruments, and it can be operated with minimal introductory training.
Features of the new portable SPECTROSCOUT X-ray fluorescence include:
- Dependable accuracy and sensitivity at a wide range of detection levels, providing precise at-line analysis from high-percentage concentrations to trace elements.
- Performance levels that surpass those of other portable spectrometers at a highly competitive cost that is half that of a dedicated laboratory instrument.
- Ease-of-operation that includes an intuitive interface, simplified software that interacts via a standard computer, and predefined applications packages.
- Unique iCAL calibration takes just a single integrated sample and 5 minutes, reducing recalibration work.
- Laboratory-instrument class advantages, ranging from customer-specific calibrations to advanced pre-calibrated application packages.
- Rugged, lightweight (12 kg/26.46 lb) space-savings design (350 x 306 x 306 mm/13.8 x 12.1 x 12.1 in), that optionally includes a 5-hour internal battery for plant floor, at-line analysis as well as X-ray fluorescence analysis anywhere from the laboratory to the field.
The portable SPECTROSCOUT X-ray fluorescence spectrometer is immediately available from SPECTRO Analytical Instruments. For more information, visit SPECTRO at ACHEMA 2015, June 15 to 19, Frankfurt am Main, Germany, in booth H4.2?J8. The portable SPECTROSCOUT X-ray fluorescence spectrometer is immediately available from SPECTRO Analytical Instruments.
In addition, join the live webinar broadcast, “Get Lab-quality QC analysis right at the point of production – with new SPECTROSCOUT” on 9 July, 2015, at 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. CET (11:00 a.m. EDT – USA). Register now at: http://ilmt.co/PL/3KWB
Do you like or dislike what you have read? Why not post a comment to tell others / the manufacturer and our Editor what you think. To leave comments please complete the form below. Providing the content is approved, your comment will be on screen in less than 24 hours. Leaving comments on product information and articles can assist with future editorial and article content. Post questions, thoughts or simply whether you like the content.
In This Edition Safety - BM 25 & BM 25 Wireless: 10 years of improved safety - Discover the enhanced PS200 Fuel For Thought - FCI announces Adam Schleyhahn as Director of Sales - New...
View all digital editions
Aug 12 2020 Auckland, New Zealand
Aug 13 2020 Shanghai, China
Aug 13 2020 Nairobi, Kenya
Aug 17 2020 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Aug 18 2020 Tashkent, Uzbekistan